Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Catching up

I want to make these first few posts to "catch up" on the past couple of months. First, let me introduce you to my Jojo. Jojo is my 14 month old Shih Tzu.


 I adopted her December 26th from a rescue in Mission, Kansas. While I was looking for a Shih Tzu, I wasn't in the market for a puppy. But one look that face and I was sold. She really is a sweetheart and a great travel partner. One of her favorite places to go here locally is the park that runs along the bank of Lake Tanneycomo. There are many great smells and geese to bark at



Our first real trip was an overnight to Fayetteville, Arkansas. I knew a longer trip was in our future, and I just wanted to see how she does on longer car rides and in hotel rooms. As it turned out, it was a very rainy weekend. So, our time outside the car was limited. She has her own space in the back seat with her bed, a cooling mat and toys. The rain stopped briefly while we were at Terra Studios. She waited patiently while I checked out the studio and then she had a bit of time to roam the grounds before the rain began again. www.terrastudios.com




Terra Studios is truly a fascinating place. Along with hundreds of "Blue Birds of Happiness, the gallery/gift shop has a wide variety of  items made by local artists. The grounds are amazing. I foresee a return visit on a sunny day for a picnic on the grounds. A definite must see if you are in Arkansas.



We ventured home the next day ..... in the rain..... stopping briefly in Eureka Springs and the War Eagle Mill. But tired of being wet for 2 days, we headed home. There is no place like home,,,,, except for the next jaunt!
.



1 comment:

  1. Rain or shine, what a great companion for you. I lOVE dogs! She's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

 Happy September! I don't know about you, but I am happy to see Fall approaching. Fall in the Ozarks is absolutely stunning. It also kic...