Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Hi Friends! What's cookin? 

I am pleased to announce some new items in the Prairie Pearl collection. I have four new Seasoning Blends; Autumn Blend (warm flavors you think about in the Fall; Rosemary, cumin, coriander, cinnamon... you get the picture.) This blend is great on Roasted vegetables, in stews and soups, even poached pears or baked apples. Smokey Spice Blend (paprika, garlic, cayenne) included those spicy notes (not hot) to season things, like stews, chili, roasted nuts, or a dry rub on meat and poultry. The All-purpose Blend is just great for everyday use for just about anything. It sits next to my stove for my everyday cooking.  

The fourth is the Mediterranean Herb blend, my personal favorite. Use on fish, chicken, pork, vegetables, pasta, bread, pizza... stop me! I used it at Christmas on my Bottom Tip Roast. I lightly brushed the roast with a bit of oil then rubbed the spice blend all over before Roasting. I didn't have a rack to place it on inside my favorite Pampered Chef Roaster, So, I made thick slices of onions and placed them on the bottom of the Roaster then placed the roast on top of the onion. The onions also gave great flavor to the pan drippings which was made into gravy. All of these season blends do contain salt, but a very small amount. 


Why Prairie Pearl? Because you get pure herbs and seasonings. Seasonings you buy retail in the grocery have other ingredients that mind do not. Ingredients like fillers, soy, preservatives and anti clumping ingredients. What is soy doing in there? Heck if I know! But why do you want them in there. Anticlumping (often in the form of cornstarch or soy products) is to keep the product easy to just shake on. So sometimes you will see that the seasoning mixes are clumpy. All you have to do is shake or stir and all is good to shake on! 

All of my products are available for shipping and at a nominal shipping fee. These Seasoning blends are $4 each  and also stocked in my booth at the Ozark Rag in Branson West. Did you know that every Tuesday night at 6pm, The Ozark Rag has an on-line sale/auction? Tune in next Tuesday. My seasonings blends will be offered as a set of 4 at a reduced rate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Happy September! I don't know about you, but I am happy to see Fall approaching. Fall in the Ozarks is absolutely stunning. It also kic...